About the role
You’ll thrive in ambiguity when solving big challenges. You’ll be innovative in designing and releasing new features. You’ll be diligent in optimising Lumaway’s code and performance. You’ll be collaborative and warm in the work environment where engineers support one another, peer-review code and work towards the big goals.
You’ll be the voice of designing and building a scalable frontend and backend for Lumaway.
What you’ll be doing
- As an individual contributor, you’ll be designing and implementing features and tools that can be used to improve the reliability of Lumaway
- Promoting creative and conceptual problem-solving approaches to innovate Lumaway
- Mentoring colleagues and contributing to the championing development process guidelines and engineering practices for the team (Pair programming, code reviews)
- Reviewing and analysing code for accuracy and functionality
- Conduct and automate chaos experiments to identify possible scenarios where cascading failures may occur and to verify the reliability measures we introduce to prevent this work as expected.
- Deep investigation into production incidents - followed up by applying the learnings to the code base
- Balance rapid iteration speed with the overall stability, security and modularity of our system in an agile team
Come join if you have
- At least 3 years of commercial experience of working as a reliability/chaos engineer
- Extensive knowledge of software development and its technologies
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills. You will need to be able to peer review other engineers’ codes and collaborate with one another to tackle any large scale problems
- Strong knowledge of React, Python, and AWS
- Disciplined coding practices and experience with code reviews and pull requests
- Practical knowledge of building reusable components and modules across multiple applications and code bases, and the ability to apply architecture knowledge to a variety of different requirements
- Experience managing software projects with the ability to thoughtfully factor in requirements from stakeholders into a technical solutions